...although we have walked a thousand seasons from you and are yet to walk a thousand others to get you, we have to start somewhere, to get to the Nation of Africa

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sony From Mars

I like looking at advertisements.

Maybe because they are very creative and a lot of energy is pumped into them or maybe it blood curls me when I remember Oglivy knew its success when he ‘tested blood’ after his The Theory and Practice of Selling the AGA cooker debut as the father of advertising.

In my occupy adds series I will offend some corporate bodies by making fun of their adds but primarilly am set out on a campaign against consumerism.

So I am watching TV and and advert by Sony is on.

Young men are having a party in I do not know who’s house, by God the whole estste will kill u if u have such a party in my neighbourhood and for those reading about Africa, Village (Binyavanga’s How to Write about Africa)

Then an alien comes complaining that the noice is too much it is disturbing the cosmos of the space.

Halt!

They are essentially saying that Sony is so loud u can hear it in space?

I mean if I was doing that ad Sony would be so loud thieves would come and steal the shit from you!

If you were in Kenya, Michuki will come for your ass for Noise pollution!

Aliens?

Does Sony think we are americans?

Now we can excuse the insulting hair-do you gave us in a previous ad about black people getting weird afros from listening to Sony but I think this is getting out of hand, this idea of a need for loud music.

I know you need us to buy your products, but honestly noise is not the soundest way to sell consumerism!

1 comment: